#ProdChat – 01/07/2015 – Kaizen Productivity
On January 7, 2015, #ProdChat discussed the topic, Kaizen Productivity. Kaizen, originally, was the business production system developed in the 1950s to help Japanese companies prosper and was based on the idea of “continuous improvement” of operations. This has been adopted in the personal development and productivity community as a philosophy of continuous self-improvement by eliminating waste, identifying problems and always looking for opportunities to be better at life and work. Watch the slideshow to see what the productivity enthusiasts on #ProdChat had to say about Kaizen Productivity. Enjoy!
- Q1: How do you see a life of Kaizen–or, “continuous improvement”–beneficial to you?
- Q2: What areas of your life do you see Kaizen having the most impact, or applicability? Why?
- Q3: What are some detriments to Kaizen? That is, always looking for what’s wrong? What may be some remedies to that?
- Q4: Kaizen, like #GTD, speaks of breaking tasks down to their smallest parts. What are the benefits of this?
- Q5: How do you eliminate waste (per Kaizen) currently in your life?
- Q6: How do/would you capture and use the knowledge you gain from Kaizen?
- Q7: What is one aspect of Kaizen you will implement in your life starting today?
- Next #ProdChat: Jan. 14, 2015 – “Circling Back: The Art of Following Up!” Have a great week, #productivity enthusiasts!
|rsidneysmith||Welcome to #ProdChat, the weekly chat for productivity enthusiasts! http://t.co/C40vBbbqPN http://t.co/X6HHr0rXse|
|rsidneysmith||Today on #ProdChat we’re discussing the Japanese productivity concept of Kaizen, or continuous improvement! Join us! http://t.co/p3bilDK6Xo|
|rsidneysmith||So, let’s start with intro’s! In a tweet, intro yourself. What’s 1 major 2015 goal? #prodchat http://t.co/5lqvTx2E2r|
|rsidneysmith||Please add #prodchat to tweets. Questions will come as Q1, Q2, Q3. Answer A1, A2, A3, for readability!|
|halduauthor||@cooperjohnj yeah! #prodchat|
|halduauthor||Hey #prodchat, it’s good to be back|
|cooperjohnj||I am john I am a blogger and podcaster, 1 major goal is to sell my house (not really productivity related though) #prodchat|
|halduauthor||I’m Ben, I teach and study educational technology. Goal for 2015 is to learn swift coding #prodchat|
|rsidneysmith||@halduauthor @cooperjohnj Hey, Ben and John! Great to see you! Happy 2015! #prodchat|
|rsidneysmith||RT @GnosisMedia: #ProdChat: Every Wednesday, 8PM ET. For productivity enthusiasts. Mod: @rsidneysmith #tweetchatshappeningnow|
|halduauthor||@cooperjohnj you are moving? #prodchat|
|profkrg||Hi, #prodchat! I’m Kenna, a journalism prof from Oklahoma. My media blog is http://t.co/fTKvfXkmwU.|
|cooperjohnj||@halduauthor still in state, closer to the family because of the little one #prodchat|
|cooperjohnj||@profkrg hey prof! #prodchat|
|rsidneysmith||Q1: How do you see a life of Kaizen–or, “continuous improvement”–beneficial to you? #prodchat http://t.co/73pVxeBnhB|
|halduauthor||@profkrg hey professor, how’s the new semester treating you? #prodchat|
|JessaBahr||It’s a reminder that there is always opportunity for improvement, and growth is never done #ProdChat|
|mcraegj||A1. @rsidneysmith well the alternative is not very attractive! #prodchat|
|cooperjohnj||A1: I think continuous improvement is important because in my view if you are not moving forward you are moving backwards. #prodchat|
|rsidneysmith||@profkrg Hey, Kenna! How’re you? Welcome to 2015! :)) #prodchat|
|profkrg||@cooperjohnj Hi, John. Happy New Year! #prodchat|
|profkrg||@halduauthor Hi, Ben! We actually start Monday. I’m just prepping now. #prodchat|
|cooperjohnj||@profkrg @halduauthor i started this week|