What is the Weekly Review Accountability Party?
GTDers the world over have had issues with keeping consistent with one of the most powerful aspects of Getting Things Done®, or GTD®, which is the Weekly Review. This was something that I observed for more than a decade in development of Team Accountability Project (which I’m no longer actively managing, but you can check it out and use it if you need/want).
Weekly Review Accountability Party (WRAP) is an accountability program for GTDers looking for greater accountability to setting aside time to perform our Weekly Reviews. This is a weekly event where you can join other GTDers who are doing their Weekly Reviews. There is no cost to join.
Turn your camera on, mute your microphone, and do your Weekly Review.
1) Show up at the time of the Weekly Review Accountability Party (WRAP). We use Zoom, a video meeting software, to host this WRAP; you need to use the link provided, then download and install Zoom to connect with the group…it’s free for you to do so.
2) Start your video, say hello to the group, mix and mingle before we all get started.
I suggest, if you haven’t done so before, complete the GTD-Q to know where you are at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/gtd-q/. (I do this before every Weekly Review to help me track how well my system is keeping me in the C&C quadrant. You may not wish to do this weekly; that’s OK.)
We’ll introduce ourselves briefly and do a check-in, and then I’ll mute everyone’s microphones to get started.
3) Start your Weekly Review. Please stay muted as not to distract others, but stay on video for accountability.
We allot two hours for the event, but some will do their Weekly Review in more time, some in less time. If we get to two hours and you’re still working on your Weekly Review, that’s fine. The host will end the Zoom, but you should keep going to complete your Weekly Review!
Introductions (while the numbers are reasonable).
- Where are you connecting from (city/state).
- Recent Success–small, medium or large!
Set the stage.
- Set yourself up for a quality Weekly Review: Music, beverage, snack, and all tools and resources needed for the review. Consistency is key here, too.
- Optional: GTD-Q.
- Optional: Do a quick mind sweep to capture any loose thoughts you need to come back to after your review, or into your inbox for this review.
- Monthly, Quarterly, Annual (see a sample annual schedule of reviews)
Check-ins (At each third of the way through the WRAP: Clear, Current, and Creative.)
Announcements, if any.
Continue your Weekly Review if you’re still working on it even when we disconnect from Zoom!
That’s a WRAP!
If you want to participate in the Weekly Review Accountability Party (WRAP), that’s simple.
Click the button below to get started. You will be taken to Personal Productivity Club (the digital community for personal productivity enthusiasts that hosts WRAP) and you need to create your account. You will be automatically added to the GTD Weekly Review Accountability Party group in Personal Productivity Club.
Once you’ve joined, you will see the WRAP events available under Events.